that's all folks

for the past couple of days, staying with chris in london, i've been doing my best to blog our various misadventures, which have been some of my fondest this whole trip. but i haven't finished anything yet and i'm beginning to think that my subconscious has been convincing me that once i put it all down, it signifies an ending. it symbolizes a conclusion. it completes a chapter.

i don't want the chapter to end.

the phrase "back to reality" comes to mind. and it's bullshit. because maybe this traveling thing is reality, and everything else is just the means to get there.

i need to stop before my attention deficit gets the better of me.

it's 9:20am on a cloudy and chilly london monday, and it officially marks the final journey back home. painfully, chris has left for work and i must gather my things and stuff the backpack just one last time. each moment that passes is complimented with a memory of the trip. one month leaves you with many memories.

in this, the last transmission before my feet touch american soil, a moment of reflection passes and wishes the concluding sentiments...

.: thank you to my fellow travelers who have made this journey magnificently memorable
.: thank you to those at home who have sent warm wishes for a safe and amazing trip
.: thank you to the kind strangers along the way who have aided in this journey

it's a long trek home, but i will be there soon. 8:30pm, monday. june 25.

see you on the flipside.

Comments

dk said…
it's all as real as you want to make of it. simply ask yourself, what do i want?...and then let it become reality.

Popular posts from this blog

i'm ready for my close up

planning to go insane

auf wiedersehen