what a day

first of all, i missed wednesday, but whatever. thursday was the day of days.

it started out like this... 100 was the usual ho, hum, didn't get shit done, kinda day. but brandon and i were having fun just making stupid noises and all that jazz. shannon and jeanne weren't around, so it was less noisy than usual. brandon and i compensated by talking non-stop... whatever. no big deal.
but then, after class, i went outside for a little smoke break... mary walked out and said hi as she raced to her car and i think for the first time in my life i said, "hi, mary!", and actually acknowledged that i knew her name. she's got the most beautiful smile. shit!
then, another cutie that i've been noticing lately was walking into the building and she gave me that sort of half-wave that says, "i-don't-know-you-but-you-know-my-friends-so-i'm-being-polite", and i just wasn't having it, so i said, "hey! you know, tommy has never introduced us... what's your name?" and she told me, with a cute embarassed sort of grin, "elizabeth." and i told her my name and said that now i would be able to say "hi" to her in the hallways and not feel so weird. yeah!
then i go upstairs and i'm all freaking giddy all of sudden! i can't sit still. my stomach is 5000 butterflies and my heart is pounding like i just ran a marathon. stephanie and i do our best to get some shit done so that we can leave early. and when we do, mary is actually walking behind us! stephanie broke right to go to her car and i went left, and while fishing for my keys, i dropped my project and it blew back towards mary. shit, i was embarassed. anyways, i walked back to my car and as i unlocked the door, i looked up to a smiling mary who said, "ya going home?" to which i should've said, "why? you wanna catch something to eat?" but i didn't, i just said, "no. i'm going to ihop." she was still smiling when she said, "okay, see ya later!" and as i told her to have a nice weekend, my heart sank at my missed chance. shit.

at the ihop lunch, we were served by jennifer and we had some great conversations as usual, but i couldn't get mary out of my head. when i pulled the straw wrapper and said her name, it broke and my mind raced, thinking about the next chance i would get to see her.

not much else
so i guess i should briefly touch on wednesday. shannon, jeanne, and i had a long talk about my situation. they finally know about the past and they were so moved that they both hugged me. ah... sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i'm ready for my close up

planning to go insane

auf wiedersehen