starbucks girl

see, this is exactly why you aren't supposed to talk about fight club. i want to tell you a story about this girl in the starbucks drive thru on golf and higgins, but i've been blabbing on and on about someone else in previous posts... so now it looks like i'm some douche who just crushes on girls left and right... which is actually true... though i'm not a douche.

so anyways, the wednesday before thanksgiving, i ordered my usual bourgeois concoction at the starbucks, and this sorta-close-to-my-age cutie hands me my drink. as i drove away, i know that i probably said "damn", out loud and to myself.

so two days later, on black friday, i pull up again, and she's there again. she then says to me, "weren't you here earlier today?", and i pulled a "huh?", and she gave a big smile. i told her that she helped me a couple of days earlier, and then she said, "you're right, i just remembered you and your car." (sometimes it pays to be an asshole with a green car... sometimes.)

i came back the next day, and sure enough... there we were, exchanging hellos, sharing smiles, and acting like we've known each other for years. as i pulled away, i thought about what i'd say the next time i'd see her... i've been toying with some ideas... none good. but that's the fun of it, i guess. problem is, in the past ten times i've gone there since... i haven't seen her once.

beautiful.

Comments

dk said…
you are douche.

;)
It happens. I don't think it's necessarily douchey, just realistic. Why do we need to be loyal to unrequited love? This never made sense to me. Certainly, you don't want your heart skipping all over the pond of love like a flat stone being flung by a ten year old boy, but truth be told, unless there exists some sort of return for the investment, it's foolish to put all of your eggs in one basket. Man, I'm all over the place with metaphors/cliches today. It's romantic, sure, but it doesn't make sense unless you're looking to marry the person. Or whatever the societal equivalent of marriage would be these days.
dk said…
i'm telling on you. she'll know the truth.
it's a good thing. trust me.

Popular posts from this blog

i'm ready for my close up

planning to go insane

auf wiedersehen