awkward hugs

it was sweetly strange. the replay in my head's dvr is so clear right now. i can't explain it to you, but we were having a secret conversation around a corner. see, i was on break, and she wasn't, so while she was taking care of customers, i was hiding. i finally took a walk to the directory to find where to eat. when i turned around, she was looking for me. i decided to wait for her to get off of work, because she said she'd sit with me.

i ate lunch a mcdonald's while she told me stories. she's the greatest. we parted ways and i gave her an awkward hug. i think i've given her like 6 hugs in my life, and like 5 have been awkward. i still have no idea what that is, but it's kind of fucking hilarious.

Comments

So cute. You and she. And McDonald's and awkward hugs. I think just give it time. Wear her down. Just like Chris wore me down. ;) You're a nice guy. And regardless of what they say, nice guys don't always finish last. From the conversations she and I have had, she just needs to know that she deserves a nice guy, and that (IMHO) it's the most important thing she's going to find.
Sorry about that last one. I don't wanna dirty up your blog with deleted posts. But I did want to share this comment I made on another friend's blog about two years ago relevant to the topic I was just soapboxing about previously. (My handle was nijonetwon).
brian james said…
thanks joni. i needed that.
dk said…
my man...contrary to some other people's beliefs, you and i both know that nice guys DO indeed finish last. you know what you have to do, so you just gotta do it. make it happen!

Popular posts from this blog

i'm ready for my close up

planning to go insane

auf wiedersehen